When your life seems to be turned on its head we can help you find the solutions.
JOURNEYING through TRANISTIONS
It is said ‘life is what happens when you are making other plans’ and presents us with transitions, changes and losses along the way.
These transitions can mean ‘saying goodbye’ to life as you knew it. Let us journey together as you find meaning and purpose in your life, as your regain the sense of control and empowerment that allows you to confidently journey into the future.
- Are you or your loved one living with Alzheimer Disease?
Are you coping with when your loved one needs to be cared for in a long term care facility?
This transitions present a myriad of feelings, from guilt, helplessness, hopelessness and frustration, as well as deep concern and love for the person stricken with this disease.
I will offer strategies and concrete suggestions on how to:
- Enhance your visits and to make more meaningful the visits of your children, grandchildren, neighbours and friends
- Celebrate the holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Birthdays etc… Ideas that will fulfill not only your needs but the needs of your loved one
- Cope with day to day life without your spouse, and how to live with ‘lonely home’ syndrome
- Find that balance between caring for yourself and caring for your loved one
- Have you moved or been moved because of declining health or losses?
Have you had to move from your family home of many years, into an apartment, a granny flat, a retirement village or a long term care facility?
Whether this was your idea or that of well meaning family members, the move can still be traumatic.
The losses of:
- The memories that home provided
- The comfort of the possessions you own
- Personal space and independence
- The security your home gave
- The caring neighbours and local community
The challenges can be:
- Deciding what possessions to keep, give to family, sell or donate
- Making new friends
- Getting used to new routines and location
While you may not be able to change the situation, we can work step by step through the challenges, utilize available resources and return stability once again to this new chapter of your life.
- Are you the victim of restructuring or company downsizing?
Whether this experience was expected or not, and whether it was immediate or not, does not lessen the feelings of anger, sadness, worry, anxiety and helplessness.
I will offer practical suggestions on how to say goodbye to the future dreams you had with that company, to say goodbye to co-workers that you have befriended.
Through conversation, ritual and journaling, you will be able to move from victim to survivor as you take charge of your life, find empowerment and then to confidently journey into the future.
- Is your loved one or you, living with an incurable illness?
I will offer you creative resources to make meaning out of the time you have left with your loved ones.
Through conversation and ritual you will find ways to ‘say your goodbye’, to tell those you love they are loved, to forgive those who need forgiving, to ask for forgiveness, to share memories that will leave a legacy.
We can plan you or your loved ones final goodbye together, so it will truly be the celebration of life that your loved one desired.